Friday 15 January 2010

We have the frame up!

Well half of it!  The guys marked out all the rooms on Thursday and yesterday they started putting our frame up. (pictures to follow)

I waited for Ian to come home and we went down to the slab to have a walk through part of our new home.  They have done most of the work but need to do the living area and kitchen.   I could see that Ian was getting excited, he started getting his tape measure out for his shed!

On the downside, we still have the retaining wall problem.  We have remove both walls now and I think we are going to pay someone to do it this time.  It's just that I think Ian is over it to be honest and can't be bothered with doing it all again.  Problem now is that the slab etc is down so we now have limited space in which to work and Coral will be on site during the week, leaving weekends or evenings only.

We need to pick up the downlights as they have arrived at the store.  We also purchase two side table which match our tv cabinet, not being delivered until Feb/March which is cool.  I was a bit naughty last week, went into a bedding place and brought two bed covers, saving us $200 in a sale, bargin I say.

We have received a letter from our agent about re-newing our lease on our rental for March.  I have typed up a response hoping that we can stay in the house a bit longer until the house is built.  Fingers crossed cause I don't want to have to move twice in such a short time.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.